What is Stephen Ministry
What is Stephen Ministry?
Trinity Covenant Church’s Stephen Ministry equips lay-people to provide one-to-one Christian care to people in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives.
Stephen Ministry is a confidential ministry. The identify of those receiving care and everything they discuss with a Stephen Minister remain private.
A Stephen Minister is…
• A child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting
• A congregation member with gifts for care-giving who was carefully selected to serve in the role
• A lay person who has received 50 hours of training in providing emotional and spiritual care
• A caring, Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports, and encourages
• Someone who will “be there” for his or her care receiver, meeting faithfully for about an hour each week, for as long as there’s a need
Care for People
Stephen Ministers Care for People Facing Tough Times
We all experience challenges in life – times when we could benefit from the support of a caring Christian friend. Stephen Ministers are ready to provide the emotional and spiritual care we need when faced with a crisis or difficulty such as:
• Loss of a loved one
• Divorce or separation
• Loneliness or discouragement
• Spiritual crisis
• Unemployment or a job crisis
• A terminal illness
• Birth, adoption, miscarriage, or infertility
• Chronic Illness
• Recover after an accident or disaster
• And many more
Therefore encourage one another and build up each other. (1 Thessalonians 5:11, NRSV).
Stephen Ministry is your Ministry
You play an important role in our Stephen Ministry. Here’s what you can do:
• Pray for God to bring hope and healing to hurting people through our Stephen Ministry.
• Accept care from a Stephen Minister during your time of need. God doesn’t expect you to bear your burdens alone.
• Tell a friend, neighbor, coworker, or relative who is hurting about our Stephen Ministry.
Let us know by contacting us. Or, you can visit us this Sunday and ask in person!